|I am extremely proud to be Headteacher of Somervale School, particularly as it has improved so much over recent years and was awarded a ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in January 2013 in recognition of this outstanding progress. Examination results have hit record levels and the school was rightly recognised by Nick Gibb, the Schools Minister, as one of the best 100 schools in the country for progress. |
Recent outcomes achieved at Somervale place the school well above the national average for pupil attainment and achievement in Mathematics. The school’s excellence in Arts education has also been recognised with the award of the prestigious Arts Mark Gold standard. Somervale is one of the best schools in Bath and North East Somerset and its strong partnership with Norton Hill gives youngsters at Somervale exceptional opportunities. The school’s attendance and behaviour has been held up as an example for other schools in the South West to follow as has the exceptional care, support and guidance students receive, which was judged as ‘outstanding’ in a recent external review in March 2014.
● We aim to raise academic achievement and career ambition for all students
● We offer a broad and rich curriculum drawing on the expertise and resources of both partnership schools to meet the aspirations and needs of all students
● We promote inspired learning and inspirational teaching
● We offer qualifications that universities and employers expect and value so that our students can progress to the best jobs and universities
A Strong Ethos
● We will develop the personal and social qualities needed to get on
● We emphasise traditional values of courtesy and good manners
● We are people centred and ambitious and promote teamwork, communication and leadership
● We promote contributing to the community and engaging with the wider world
Mr Alun Williams
|The Headteacher has the strength and determination to further improve the school and the federation.”|
“The Headteacher provides outstanding leadership. He has established high standards and is uncompromising in his drive to improve all aspects of the school’s work.”
| School Notices |
Work Experience Dates:
Monday 13th July 2015 - Friday 17th July 2015
| Letters Home |
|Please click here to access letters sent home to Parents and Carers.|
Note: Past letters will be systematically deleted once out of date.
| Prospectus |
NEW Somervale School Prospectus for entry in 2015 (5MB)For a printed version, please contact the school on 01761 414276 and request a prospectus.
| Event Information |
ART | MUSIC | POETRY | SINGING | DANCE | DRAMA
The Midsomer Norton Arts Festival
The Midsomer Norton Arts Festival will feature Drama and Music performances, Arts activities, workshops and demonstrations, Exhibitions of paintings, drawings and sculptures. Art work by artists, craftspeople, school students and members of the local community.
The Arts Festival will have Midsomer Norton High Street as its centre but reach out into the surrounding areas and villages
On Saturday 27th June there will be a full programme of performances, workshops and displays along Midsomer Norton High Street
Please get in touch if you wish to be involved in any way. Please contact Martyn Plant at Norton Hill School.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01761 412557
| Links |
Proud Sponsor of
Somer Valley FM